DipTrace 4.0 (x86/x64)
DipTrace 4.0 (x86/x64) | 358 MB
DipTrace 4.0 (x86/x64) | 358 MB
The Novarm software development team is pleased to announce the availability of DipTrace 4.0. This release presents major improvements to skyrocket your productivity.
DipTrace 4.0 release notes - Date: May 20, 2020
We are excited to announce the official stable release of DipTrace 4.0. After the first 4.0 Beta launch in February 2020, we kept on working on further improvement of the software.
We have completed expanding and redesigning our Standard Libraries according to IPC-7351 standard, added long-requested Teardrops feature for pad/via, trace width change and T-junctions, worked on enhancing manual routing experience (Tab for toggling between segment/trace/net selection; Del for unrouting selected traces; Clear All Copper Pours command), added a number of smaller improvements and fixed bugs.
DipTrace 4.0 contains an updated Pattern Editor module with a built-in IPC-7351 Pattern Generator tool that has already received very positive feedback. New pad shapes (round rect, D-shape) and standard layers (courtyard, component outline, component terminals) have also been warmly welcomed by our users.
With 4.0 it's possible to generate 3D models automatically based on IPC-7351 standard or component outline both in Pattern Editor and PCB Layout.
Shape/Text/Picture placement and editing tools have undergone a major revision since 3.3.1 release and now allow for some advanced options (multi-line text placement at any angle, 3 ways to build or edit arcs, smooth shape dimension editing; vectorization of images; placing text or image as void in silk screen or copper pour; creating board outline from a set of shapes, etc.).
Schematic and PCB Layout are featuring a flexible Component Marking system that allows unlimited number of markings and enables highly customizable Markings display options.
DipTrace 4.0 is optimized for 4K monitors with new sets of tool icons for 150% and 200% scale.
- IPC-7351 standard pattern type:
. pattern is generated automatically by IPC-7351 generator integrated into Pattern Editor;
. 3D model is generated on the fly in Pattern Editor and PCB Layout.
- New IPC-7351 libraries.
- UI has been optimized for 4k monitors.
- Mac OS 10.15 Catalina support.
- RoundRect and D-shape pads.
- Pad shape can be shifted from pad hole center.
- Teardrops for pads, vias, trace width change and T-junctions.
- Rotating pads by any angle without changing to polygon.
- Rotating component by any angle without changing it.
- Pad terminals.
- Segmented paste mask, solder mask by paste mask.
- Solder mask and paste mask of pads are visible in the design area and can be printed.
- Fiducial object in PCB and Pattern Editor.
- Pattern Editor has a layer panel similar to PCB Layout.
- Both Pattern Editor and PCB Layout layer panels have configurable layer order and visibility.
- Courtyard layer, DRC does not allow courtyard region to be overlayed (touch is allowed).
- Component outline layer (3D model can be built by component outline).
- Configurable Silk to Pad clearance in DRC.
- Remove silk from pads/holes/mask wizard in Pattern Editor.
- Place outline wizard in Pattern Editor.
- Similar pad numbers are allowed (in this case pads are connected inside a pattern, @ symbol before or after pad number allows to avoid warning).
- Two types of internal component connections are possible:
. one of pads should be connected or internal connection can be used as jumper for the net;
. all pads should be connected.
- Manual routing improvements:
. Routing with static vias option;
. Tab key can be used to toggle between selection of a segment, trace and net;
. Del key is used for unrouting selected traces (node to node) instead of deleting net;
. Delete Net option has been added to net submenu.
- 3 ways to build and edit arcs (3 points, center-radius-angles, start-end-radius).
- Any set of shapes can be converted to a board outline (you can place arcs, lines, poly-lines as you wish, connect their ends and convert the set to a board outline).
- Updated properties dialogs for all shapes (now can be edited by dimensions).
- Obround shapes instead of ellipses in all programs.
- Snap to other objects key points when building/editing shapes, board and copper pour.
- Multi-line text.
- "~" symbol is allowed in text (double ~~).
- Text and pictures can be rotated by any angle.
- Pictures are now vectorized and saved together with a design file.
- It is possible to etch text or picture/logo in the copper pour.
- Anchor point + Left-Center-Right, Top-Center-Bottom alignment is used for text, markings, pictures and while editing shapes.
- Cut the right angle of the shape option.
- New Component marking system in Schematic and PCB Layout:
. any number of markings can be displayed (display property is available for each field, including additional);
. free angle rotation and alignment;
. separate marking settings for assembly layer in PCB;
. custom marking font by the component;
. text with parameter property placed in Pattern/ Component Editor is counted as pattern marking (PCB/Schematic do not add additional text);
. font settings can be applied to markings placed in Component/Pattern Editor;
. move tool (F10) allows to move/rotate any text object inside a component directly in Schematic/PCB.
- Pattern origin is shown as cross + circle (options) and can be displayed by layers.
- 3 ways of building 3D models of the pattern (by file, by component outline and by IPC-7351 standard).
- Filter can be stopped at any search stage, results are displayed in real-time while searching components.
- Component properties dialog is redesigned to allow display and edit all additional fields at once.
- Name description, unique name and manufacturer fields have been added to the pattern.
- Free resizing of library/component list and additional fields in Component/Pattern Editors.
- Pattern shape precision has been improved, recounting pattern shapes by borders when you change the number of pads/dimensions in Pattern Editor.
- Pad to copper pour thermals are rotated by pad/component angle.
- Selecting object and opening its submenu from Design Manager in Schematic and PCB (right click on the item in the Design Manager).
- Groups in Component and Pattern Editors, similar to Schematic and PCB.
- Measure tool in Schematic and Component Editor.
- Properties dialog windows may change locked objects after confirmation.
- Updating PCB from Schematic keeps locked components non-existent in Schematic.
- Export all Gerber and Drill files into a zip archive with a single click.
- Configurable default filenames for drill export.
Diptrace is an ECA/CAD software to build schematic design and the printed circuit board. You can quickly create any schematics and then change it to the other formats, i.e., PCB. Diptrace allows the user to use the primary and flexible features like 3D modeling, high-speed shape-based routing, and extensive import/export capabilities. While switching from one format to another format, it also assembles the electrical components. It offers the multi-sheet and multi-level hierarchal circuits Diptrace has four modules.
DipTrace Tutorial Intro
Established in 2002, Novarm is a software development company, specializing in state-of-the-art programs for PCB professionals and hobbyists, united into DipTrace design suite.
Co-founded Novarm Limited in 2002 and started development of DipTrace software. Graduated from National Mining University as electromechanical engineer in 2003 and worked in CNC industry as CAM software developer. At the same time continued to work on DipTrace and published the first version in August 2004. Since early 2005 became full-time DipTrace developer and started to build DipTrace Team for more efficient workflow.
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Size: 358.9 mb
Recommended System Requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32,64-bit);
- 1 GHz Pentium III processor or equivalent;
- 1 Gb RAM
- 1,5 Gb hard disk space;
- 1024x768 screen resolution or higher;
- OpenGL/DirectX 9.0 or higher.