MP3 320 kbps / FLAC (tracks) / FLAC (tracks) 24bit-48kHz | Soul, R&B | 39 min | 112 / 217 / 437 MB
Le Chant du Monde are proud to present their new collection, entitled 'Secret Nuggets Of Wise'. The first to be released is a compilation of Northen Soul, simply titled 'Secret Nuggets Of Wise Northern Soul'.
Originally called Rare Soul, Northern Soul was born out of a movement in the north of England, hence its baptismal name, and has its roots in American soul music.
In the late 1960s, after years of glory, the Tamla Motown fury began to decline, and al styles emerged. However, soul fans and clubs in the north of England persisted in wanting to only listen to the sound of the 1960s. DJs played with that insistent and peculiar beat that characterizes Northern Soul. When the youth of the area rediscovered the black American soul music of the 60s, the Northern Soul fury set the whole country on fire. In 2022, the embers have not completely extinguished, and the nostalgia is still present.
Brig together both great classics of the genre and some very rare gems (some of which have never been released on vinyl to date), the tracklisting of this compilation will delight the fans of the genre but also the younger generations who will make their discovery.
All the tracks have been specially remastered for this vinyl edition.
The thick cardboard sleeve with outside flaps will delight all fans of authentic vintage record covers.
Tracklisting: Secret Nuggets Of Wise Northern Soul
01. Thelma Jones – Stronger (1966) – Have a Listen
02. The Gypsies – They're having a party (1965)
03. Irene Ried – I must be doing something right (1968)
04. Bobby Long & The Dealers – Heartbreak Avenue (1969)
05. Jesse Johnson – Left out (1966)
06. The Gypsies – Oh, I wonder why (1966)
07. Peggy Scott – Things have more meaning now (1973)
08. Jimmy Forrest – Night train (1952)
09. Thelma Jones – Oh, oh here comes the heartbreak (1967)
10. The Gypsies – Jerk it (1965)
11. Lester Young – Barefootin' in Chinatown (1966)
12. Bobby Long & The Dealers – I gotta have love too (1969)
13. Jesse Gee – She's a woman (1968)
14. The Gypsies – It's a woman's world (you better believe it) (1965)
15. Buddy & Elle Johnson – I go to talk to somebody (1962)